Our Girls!!!!!!

Our Girls!!!!!!
Cute, Cute, CUTE!!!!!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mumma's Side?!?!

This is another area that reminds me how unwanted or undesired I am.  I am only needed as a father as a last resort and I would say, for the most part that is very upsetting, annoying, and absolutely RIDICULOUS! 

I don't know what it is, but Sara can do everything better than I can - AND I MEAN EVERYTHING!!!!!

There are several areas where "Mumma's Side?!?!" sticks out:
  • Mommy and Daddy's bed (But it is really Mommy's bed, I don't know why I sleep there!)
  • Our van or SUV and where they get to sit.
  • When we go for walks.
  • When we go for bike rides.
  • Actually, when we do anything where there is an actual choice of having MUMMA or plain old daddy there.
  • THERE CHOICE IS ALWAYS MUMMA!!!!!!
Now that the girls are in big beds, they wake up in the morning and come directly into our bed because it is usually before 7:00 and we (Sara & I) are not ready to get up.  However it is an ongoing battle for the girls to get Mumma's side of the bed.  This baffles me because they girls would rather have the edge of the bed and only be by Mommy.

WHAT?!?!

REALLY?!?!

They would rather be on the edge of the bed by mommy, rather then be in between me and Sara and have the best of both worlds - WOW - how awful does that make me feel?  I feel like the scum of the earth when this one happens!

It also depends what type of mood they are in as well - because sometimes they are just so sweet and cute and they don't try to make me feel bad, but they want Mumma!  So, they ask so sweetly and politely in a nice, quiet, sweet voice, "Mumma's side?"

I mean how can you say no to that?  So Riley usually calls dibs on Mumma, so I say, "Of course you can have mumma's side Riley, but that means that ADY GETS DADDY'S SIDE!!!!!!", with as much conviction and enthusiasm as I can muster as I am now trying to make me seem like my side is better - YEAH RIGHT!

There response, is usually, "Mumma's side on way back then?"  It is never, "YES, I GET DADDY'S SIDE!!!"

Riley usually calls dibs when she wakes up in the morning:
"Going bub-bye today?  I get Mumma's side today?"  When I think about it, it is hilarious how their little minds work and how much Sara is their world!

Other times, however, it is often expressed, "MUMMA'S SIDE NOW!!!!!!!!!!  NO MUMMA!!!!  NO MUMMA'S SIDE!!!!!"

That is when it is the most upsetting because they are as adamant as can be about it, and there is no turning back or giving in - sometimes I wish I was a woman!

:)

Another constant and popular battle that is ongoing, is when we travel.  This one doesn't make much sense to me either because they fight for Sara's side, but that is the side that is directly behind her and she can never see them and they can't see her.  I have the better view of the twin who is on Sara's side while I drive and have the most contact, but it is ingrained in their brains!

All I know is that if something were ever to happen to Sara, the girls and I would be lost because I CAN'T DO A THING RIGHT!!!!!

Don't go anywhere Mumma because this is what happens when Ady and/or Riley don't get "Mumma's Side"!




LEFT - RILEY TANTRUMING:  This is our little Riley after a mental breakdown of not getting what she wants!!!!  This is a typical tantrum after not getting "Mumma's side"!  Now you can sort of understand how bad it makes me feel when they want nothing to do with daddy!!!
BELOW - RILEY LATER IN THE TANTRUM: 
 Riley continue's the tantrum to make sure I understand how she wants "Mumma's side" and wants nothing to do with me!  She is adamant and determined!!!!!  That part I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment