Our Girls!!!!!!

Our Girls!!!!!!
Cute, Cute, CUTE!!!!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My girls need new waterbottles - HELP!!!!

I'm ABSOLUTELY sick of our cabinet of water bottles, sippy cups, etc.  And we have a boatload of them - it is amazing to me how you just continue to hold on to these things and continue to buy more because Dora and Boots, or Elmo, or flowers, or pictures of animals are on them.  My question is - AM I BUYING DESIGNS, OR AM I BUYING A WATER BOTTLE? 
All I want is something that is going to hold whatever type of liquid that I decide to put in there until one of my thirsty daughters decides to take a sip.  Is that really too much to ask?
Now, I'm not a science guy - but with our technology, there has to be a water bottle like that, but we don't have it!

These are the water bottles and/or sippy cups that we have....


  • A leaker
  • A spitter
  • A spiller
  • A sloppy sweater
  • A squirter
  • A ringer
About a year ago, Sara and I broke down - we did - we went out and got a Camelbak at Dick's Sporting Goods - fantastic - it was on clearance/sale (it can't be clearance if a water bottle still costs over $10 right?) for like $14.99.  We spent $32 once you include tax and pretty soon we're going to be paying federal, state, import/export, company, and private investor taxes so that it will end up at like $43.  O.K. - that is for another time!

 
So we have had them for a year - a blue one for Riley and a pink one
CamelBak Kids' Water Bottle - .4L
for Ady (Ady's exact one is pictured, besides the picture on the water bottle - I'm sure that cost an extra $1 for some other tax).


Now, unless I'm mistaken - this doesn't have a warranty right?  Is there a time limit until it goes bad?  The company's description is this:

The Camelbak Kids’ Water Bottle is the most advanced sippy cup we’ve ever seen, and your upholstery will be thankful for it. This water bottle combines the patented CamelBak Big Bite™ Valve with a stem tube and a shut-off vavle. Easy for kids to use and easy for parents to clean, this bottle eliminates drips and spills—kids just bite and sip and the tasty beverage flows, no tipping involved. The wide mouth bottle makes refills a snap as well. So your kids stay hydrated and happy.

THIS IS IT - THIS IS THE ONE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR AND TALKING ABOUT!!!!


The only problem is, is that this isn't it - these are the ones that I was describing above - they spit, squirt, leave rings, leak, sweat, and spill - UNLESS - there is a certain time limit that they begin to go bad, like I said we have had them for about a year now.

I have been complaining and whining about these water bottles, which we fill with juice for the girls everyday, and everyday I get squirted at, I wipe up rings of juice they leave behind, I find sticky spots all over the place, etc.

ARGGHHHEHAMAKSDMAL;KSDHALKJELKASDFJ;N;LAKJFAJ;ALKFJ!!!!!!!

I'm ready for ideas - anybody got a good water bottle out there that I should invest in? 

No comments:

Post a Comment