Our Girls!!!!!!

Our Girls!!!!!!
Cute, Cute, CUTE!!!!!

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Pretty Shoes Daddy!

I have been accustomed to accepting all kinds of compliments from anyone who is willing to give them to me!  Ady and Riley are getting to that stage where they are so observative and inquisitive about things these days and I get all kinds of compliments and questions that are totally unexpected!

This morning, I was in the process of putting together our bag for the girls to be dropped off at our child care (I would call her our baby sitter, but Sara, NOT ME, Sara referred to her as our baby sitter and this very sweet older lady who has done child care out of her home for decades absolutely scolded her!) and Riley had made it downstairs first from being dressed, hair done, etc.  I'm putting snacks in bags and Riley comes around the corner, doesn't miss a beat, and says, "Those shoes are pretty daddy!". 

I of course give a little chuckle and say, "Thanks sweetie pie, that was nice". 

She continues, "Are they new?" 

"No, just don't wear them a lot, that's all."

RILEY:  "Where did you get them?"
ME:  "I bought them at a store."
RILEY:  "I like them daddy, they are pretty."
ME:  "Thanks Riley!"
RILEY:  "Your welcome daddy."

As she turned around to let the dogs out to go potty. 

I guess I have started to grow very fond of either my hair, clothes, and/or shoes being referred to as cute and/or pretty!

What can I say I am sometimes cute and pretty.......according to my twins at least!

2 comments:

  1. nothing wrong with a man and his pretty shoes. I actually ahve a pair of pink converse my wife bought me when she was pregnant. I broke them in at the hospital when my girls were born and I still wear them every now and then. ... of course I have yet to be called pretty in them. ... plenty of other things from strangers, but not pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just one more thing to get used to when you live with 4 ladies:)

    ReplyDelete