Our Girls!!!!!!

Our Girls!!!!!!
Cute, Cute, CUTE!!!!!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

My girls are 3 years old - just ask them, they'll show you!

If there is anything that I know about twins, well it isn't much to tell you the truth, but I do know a little!  Their personalities switch like the day turns into night and night back into day. 

What I mean by that is that they definitely have their own personality, but all-to-often like to switch back and forth.  One day, Ady will be the one who shares while Riley is as selfish as can be and won't share a thing.  Actually, she'll be as adamant as can be without sharing.  It'll be to the point that Ady sees this and for some odd reason knows this and gives in and looks at me and says...

"It's o.k. daddy, Riley can have that, I don't need to have it.  It's o.k."  - I mean how sweet is that.  It is amazing that sometimes I look to a 3 year old to help me settle a dispute.

Then, the next day or week, they will completely switch roles.  Ady will want something so entirely bad and there is absolutely no give in her.  All of a sudden, you can see the light go on above Riley's head and she says the same thing that Ady just said the time before and just as sweet - IT IS TRULY AMAZING!

And of course there are plenty of times where they say.....

"Screw this, I want it and I am not giving it up and she can't have it!"  Believe me, I run into that a lot!

However, here is a small glimpse of their own personalities shining through.....

When you ask Ady how old she is, she says, "Free!" and then I'll ask her to show me and she'll put her thumb on her pinkie and hold up her free, I mean three middle fingers.  When I ask Riley the same question, she says "Free" and then I'll ask her to show me and she'll put her thumb and pointer/index finger together and put up her last three fingers.

Just a small little glimpse as to how Ady and Riley stick to what they know and don't care what the other does, because that works for them.  They haven't switched in 5 months since we have been asking them how old they're going to be come October 20th and yesterday being their birthday was no different.

They each showed us how old they were......I really enjoy seeing them develop into their own person!

YOU GO GIRLS!
HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY!!!!
I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment